Participating athletes actively support Adventure Team Challenge Colorado through personal fundraising with family, friends and colleagues, and through team fundraising events. These funds collectively cover all program costs, including participant jerseys, volunteer t-shirts, meals, permits, and more. Fundraising also provides lodging and camping for all athletes and volunteers.
Supporting your Participation
Raise Funds with Confidence
- Personalize your fundraising page. All participants are encouraged to update their Adventure Team Challenge fundraising page with personal content. Move in – get to know your new site. Post your favorite photograph, link to videos and update your promotional text so the page will be your own. Be sure to include in your page your personal reasons for participating and what you hope to accomplish. Emotionally connecting with your potential donors will encourage them to feel a need to make a donation supporting your participation. Your User Center also is functional, allowing you to send email messages to uploaded personal contacts with a direct link to your page for potential donations.
- Get social. The best way to engage with your network is by using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media to post personal appeals to friends, family and colleagues. You can use the forms, art and materials available for free download from our Fundraising Toolbox. If you decide to use your Facebook account for your fundraising, be careful not to use the provided Facebook donation button. Donations submitted through this service from Facebook’s Network for Good are not directly applied to your fundraising account. Such donations arrive six weeks later as anonymous donations with no indication as to whom the donation(s) should be applied. (If you use the service, you must email World T.E.A.M. with a listing of your donations, including the donor names and addresses, and the amounts to allow us to match the donations to your account.) A better option is to copy your personal donation page web address and add it to your Facebook post.
- Take advantage of corporate matching gifts. If you are an employee of a larger company, check with your human resources office to see if you are eligible for a corporate matching gift. Many corporations offer such financial assistance for non-profit participation. The gifts are welcome additions to a fundraising total. Be aware, however, that such gifts can take 60 days or longer to process and be applied to your fundraising account. Notification of pending matching gifts and supporting documentation requests should be sent to World T.E.A.M. by email notice.
Meeting Your Commitment
Participating athletes actively support Adventure Team Challenge Colorado through personal fundraising with family, friends, and colleagues. Teams also raise funds collectively through local fundraising events. These funds collectively cover all program costs, including participant jerseys, volunteer t-shirts, meals, permits, and more. Fundraising also provides lodging and camping for all athletes and volunteers.
- Personally meet your commitment. Each participant is individually responsible for meeting or exceeding their personal category fundraising commitment.
- Team assistance can help with commitments. Team captains at their discretion may reassign funds received as general team donations to specific team members. This transfer process begins on August 1, and continues through September 4, 2019. To transfer team funds, the team captain should send an email message to World T.E.A.M. This email must note which team members are to receive the funds and which general team donation or donations should be reassigned.
- Meet or exceed your category commitment before the charge deadline. Each registered participant must meet or exceed their category fundraising commitment by Friday, August 30. Accomplish this by using the group email tool provided in your User Center; by using Facebook and other social media to post personal appeals to friends, family and colleagues; and by using forms, art and materials available for free download from our Fundraising Toolbox. In the weeks following the conclusion of the Challenge, autocharges to provided credit card accounts will be processed for the remaining amount necessary to reach the category commitment.
- Refunds for autocharges. If you miss the fundraising deadline and your account is autocharged, you can request a reimbursement. This reimbursement can cover any additional funds you have raised and applied to your account following the Charge Date. The maximum reimbursement is the amount charged to your credit account. Participants who are eligible for a refund will be notified via email in early October. The provided refund will cover any received donations entered since the Charge Date. The deadline for reimbursement is October 7, 2019.
Submit Paper Checks from Donors for Credit
Mail all paper checks received from supporters to World T.E.A.M.’s finance office in Holbrook, New York. All checks must be received no later than Friday, August 23 to be added to your rider and team fundraising commitment. After that date, please bring checks with you to rider check-in and registration. When mailing, please include a note as to which fundraising account should be credited. Alternatively, you may download, print and complete our PDF-format mailed check form to include with your check.
Adventure Team Challenge Colorado 2019
4250 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Ste 420E
Holbrook NY 11741-4020
Please note that checks are processed by our finance office in batches, and only twice weekly. So, please allow up to three weeks for processing and adding to your online fundraising page. Once the checks are entered, and are posted, you will receive an automated email listing the donation. Donors receive emailed acknowledgements only when they include an email address with their donation. Our non-profit organization mails acknowledgement letters for our larger donations, usually $250 or more.
Click on an image above to visit any of these fundraising assistance pages.