Specific fundraising commitments apply to all Face of America categories.
Face of America participants of all categories actively raise funds in support of the ride through personal fundraising efforts with family, friends and colleagues, and through team fundraising events. These funds collectively cover event costs, including providing lodging and meals for our participating adaptive athletes, and for transportation costs for first-year adaptive athletes.
For our 2019 event, here are some specific requirements and policies:
- Each registered participant must meet or exceed their category fundraising commitment by Friday, April 26. This can be accomplished by using email tools reached through the participant’s personal User Center, by appeals to friends, family and colleagues through social media such as Facebook, and by using forms, art and materials posted on our corporate Participant Fundraising page. (Caution: do not use the Facebook donation button, as it does not directly provide donations in support of your ride.)
- Participants who do not meet or exceed their category commitment by the April 26 deadline will see their credit card on account autocharged the remaining amount needed to reach the commitment. When this happens, the participant can receive a reimbursement, up to the amount that has been charged on the credit card, for any additional raised funds following the Charge Date up until June 4th, 2019. To take advantage of this reimbursement to the card, the participant will need to send by email message the credit charge acknowledgment receipt and a listing of donations received after April 26.
- Each participant is individually responsible for meeting or exceeding their personal category fundraising commitment. Note that participants are not permitted to share funds with other event participants, even with members of their own team.
- Team captains may at their discretion reassign funds received as general team donations to specific team members. This can be done beginning April 1, 2019 by sending a direct email communication to World T.E.A.M. stating which team members should receive the funds.
All participants should sure to take the time to update their personal Face of America fundraising page with their personal promotional content, including photographs, linked videos and text. This page serves as a personal fundraising site for potential supporters. Each participant’s personal User Center also is functional, allowing the sending of email messages to uploaded contacts with a link to your page for donations.
Category Fundraising Commitments
- Adaptive Athlete: $250
- Caregiver: $100
- Civilian: $800 ($900 for new registrants April 5 and later)
- Civilian Youth: $300 ($400 for new registrants April 5 and later)
- Military – Active Duty and Retired Veteran: $500 ($600 for new registrants April 5 and later)
- Ride Marshal: $300